– We yell for the Government to balance the budget, then take the last dime we have to make the down payment on a car.
– We whip the enemy in battle, then give them the shirt off our backs.
– We yell for speed laws that will stop fast driving, then won’t buy a car if it can’t go over 100 miles an hour.
– Americans get scared to death if we vote a billion dollars for education, then are unconcerned when we find out we are spending three billion dollars a year for cigarettes.
– We know the line-up of every baseball team in the American and National Leagues but don’t know half the words in the “Star Spangled Banner”.
– We’ll spend half a day looking for vitamin pills to make us live longer, then drive 90 miles an hour on slick pavement to make up for lost time.
– We tie up our dog while letting our sixteen year old son run wild.